[Original story]: Students in the Yorktown, Lakeland and Somers school districts will be dismissed early Tuesday because of the impending snow.
Additionally all afternoon and evening activities have been cancelled.
The early dismissal scheduled for Yorktown schools is as follows:
- Yorktown High School: 9:30 a.m.
- Mildred E. Strang Middle School: 10:15 a.m.
- Crompond School: 11:00 a.m.
- Brookside Elementary School: 11:45 a.m.
- Mohansic Elementary School: 11:45 a.m.
- Benjamin Franklin Elementary 11:15 a.m
- George Washington Elementary 11:15 a.m.
- Lincoln-Titus Elementary 11:15 a.m.
- Thomas Jefferson Elementary 11:15 a.m.
- Van Cortlandtville Elementary 11:15 a.m.
- Lakeland Copper Beach Middle 12:15 p.m.
- Lakeland High 10:15 a.m.
- Walter Panas High 10:15 a.m.
Tonight's Common Core forum in Cortlandt Manor has been postponed. All after school and evening activities are cancelled including Continuing Education and Westchester Community College classes.For Somers schools, the schedule is as follows:
- The high school will dismiss at 10:30 a.m.
- Primrose School will dismiss at 11 a.m.
- Somers Middle School will dismiss at 11:30 a.m.
- Somers Intermediate School will dismiss at 12:00.
- Tonight's Board of Educations meeting has also been canceled. It has been rescheduled to Tuesday, Jan. 28.
A winter storm warning is in effect until 6 a.m. Wednesday. The National Weather Service is calling for snow in Yorktown and Somers to start Tuesday afternoon, with two to four inches of daytime accumulation. Temperatures will peak at about 19-degrees.
Forecasters are predicting "widespread blowing snow" which could be heavy at times. Wind chill values could be as low as -14. Another two to four inches could hit the ground by morning.
Share your cancellations and closures here, or post them to the boards. For updates on the weather, check the attached widget.