Another key endorsement for Assemblyman Steve Katz’ reelection arrived today, just as the incumbent Assemblyman’s campaign entered into the homestretch for tomorrow’s September 13 primary vote.
The endorsement came from Putnam County Executive MaryEllen Odell, a lifelong resident of Putnam County and a former member of the Putnam County Legislature.
"Over the past two years I have had the privilege of working hand-in-hand with Assemblyman Katz on multiple projects between Putnam County and the State,” said MaryEllen Odell. “His tireless efforts in the NY Assembly have brought much needed economic development to the county. I've witnessed Steve's commitment to the people in the district and to the lives of all New Yorkers first hand. "
Dr. Steve Katz currently serves the 99th Assembly district and is running for reelection to this seat, which has been redistricted as the 94th. One of his leading objectives has been to clean up corruption in Albany and push State Government into the 21st Century by implementing long-needed spending cuts and modern improvements in efficiency.
“Having the support of the County Executive is an honor,” said Assemblyman Steve Katz. “I have tremendous respect for Mary Ellen’s efforts on behalf of Putnam. She works locally and observes firsthand how our actions in the Assembly affect the citizens of our district.”
At this time, Steve Katz’ reelection efforts have been endorsed by:
- The New York State Rifle and Pistol Association
- State Senate Majority Leader, Dean Skelos
- The Republican Party of New York State
- The Conservative Party of New York State
- The Independence Party of New York State
- Congresswoman Nan Hayworth (NY-19)
- Putnam County Executive Mary Ellen Odell
- Conservative Party Chairman Mike Long
- Carmel Town Supervisor Ken Schmidt
- Patterson Town Supervisor Mike Griffin
- Somers Town Supervisor Mary Beth Murphy
- Yorktown Town Supervisor Michael Grace
- Westchester/Putnam Right to Life
About Steve Katz
Steve Katz (www.katz4ny.com) currently serves the New York Assembly, 99th District (redistricted to the 94th) and resides in Mohegan Lake, NY with his wife and children. His tenure in the New York Assembly brought about a number of key pieces of common-sense conservative legislation. Dr. Katz is currently spearheading a statewide law requiring a photo ID for elections and has worked tirelessly as an assemblyman to reduce New York’s tax burden and eliminate excessive regulations on businesses. Katz is a veterinarian and has been a small business owner for over 25 years.