Open to the public. Presented jointly by Support Connection, Inc. and The Breast Institute at Northern Westchester Hospital.To take place at The Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center at Northern Westchester Hospital.
To learn more or to pre-register (pre-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED) call Support Connection at 914-962-6402 or 800-532-4290.
This program offers learning opportunities for all women. Learn about screening and risk factors for breast cancer, and how to be proactive about your health.
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- What is “dense breast tissue” and how does this impact cancer screening, diagnosis and risk?
- How to identify your personal risks for breast cancer and what you can do to change them.
- The latest research on risk reduction.
- How benign breast disease can increase your risk for breast cancer.
- What is the true risk for breast cancer with a positive family history?
- Understanding the complexities of genetic breast cancer risk and recommendations for personal surveillance.
DR. KAREN S. ARTHUR, BREAST SURGEON: Board certified in surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. An active member of the American Society of Breast Surgeons and medical director of the Northern Westchester Hospital Breast Institute at Yorktown. Since 2001 Dr. Arthur has dedicated 100% of her practice to breast surgery.
NANCY COHEN, GENETIC COUNSELOR: MS in Human Genetics and certified by the American Board of Genetic Counseling. Completed the City of Hope Advanced Course in Cancer Risk Assessment. Ms. Cohen has a special interest in the management of women at high risk for breast cancer and is the cancer genetic counselor for Northern Westchester Hospital where she initiated the cancer genetic counseling program.
MARY GRECO, FNP-C, NURSE PRACTITIONER: A certified nurse practitioner with 30 years of experience in the area of Breast Disease. MS degrees in Nursing and Nurse Practitioner. Certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, the Oncology Nurses Society and the National Accrediting Program for Breast Centers as an Oncology Breast Care Nurse as well as a Breast Cancer Nurse Navigator. Clinical coordinator for the Breast Institute at Northern Westchester Hospital.