A wave of pink is flooding stores everywhere including the Jefferson Valley Mall. Throughout October the mall will Paint the Mall Pink in recognition of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Here are some of the "pink" items being sold at the mall:
- Brookstone: Pink iPad case
- Zumiez: Keep a Breast Foundation bracelets, belts, shirts, lanyards. Free magazines that have info about Foundation. 100% to Keep a Breast Foundation.
- Gap/Gap Kids: Front and center is pink: pants, tops for ladies.
- Hallmark: Giving away free Susan G. Komen cards and taking donations for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Also selling Breast Cancer Awareness Pink stretch bracelets, pink pens, angel pins
- H&M: Selling special ticketed items, Make Strides to End Breast Cancer. H&M will contribute 25% of the purchase price of these products to the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Initiative to support their mission to save lives from Breast
- Olympia Sports: Display of pink: and wrist bands laces hats t-shirts breast cancer footwear.
- Payless - selling Embrace the Cause Bracelets benefiting Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Bracelets have a $5 coupon good towards a total purchase of $25 or more and can be used Oct. 30 - Nov. 20
- Sunglass Hut: $20 from the purchase of special Oakley Sunglasses ($180 Retail) will go to the Young Survival Coalition, international, non-profit network for Breast Cancer Survivors and supporters dedicated to concerns and issues that are unique to young women affected by Breast Cancer. www.youngsurvival.org
- Things Remembered: Special breast cancer awareness items - Celebrate the life of a survivor with their ribbon heart water globe.
- LOFT: Purchase your LOFT Cares card for $25 and 90% of the card's purchase prices will be donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
- NY&Co. Think Pink. $2 from the sale of each NY&C Pink product will be donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation, dedicated to preventing breast cancer and finding a cure in our lifetime by funding clinical and translational research worldwide. For more information about BCRF, visit www.bcrfcure.org
- Lady Footlocker: Selling special dedication cards for a $1 and get a free pin with purchase while supplies last. 100% of proceeds for dedication cards go to the American Cancer Society. Also look for special items being sold and marked with tags of HOPE. $1 - $4 for each item sold will go to the American Cancer Society.
- Sears - The store is donating to Support Connection on mall fund raising Spirit Wall of Hope – Throughout October Jefferson Valley Mall visitors can leave messages in honor or memory of a friend or relative affected by cancer on the Spirit Wall of Hope, which will be located in the Food Court. They also will be able to stop by the Support Connection table, stationed near the Spirit Wall of Hope, to speak with organization volunteers and pick up information. All donations given during the month will benefit the work of Support Connection. Support Connection will be on mall - Oct. 19, 20, 21, 26, 27, 29.
- Guest Services will be giving a pink breast cancer awareness pink to all shoppers that come to booth and also bag of Pink Chips donated by J&G distribution, 70% of net proceeds go to the fight against Breast Cancer.