Question of the Day: How are you preparing for the hurricane?
Hurricane Irene is beginning to weaken slightly as she heads toward land, according to forecasters, but nonetheless people have been crowding the stores for the essentials to stay safe when the storm hits.
Stay plugged into Patch for updates on Irene.
- Do you plan to have your gas tank topped off before Sunday?
- Do you plan to get cash to have on you when the storm hits? If so, how much?
- Will you keep any extra cell phone or laptop batteries on hand?
- Will you take any steps to ?
- Have you stocked up on water or food yet? If so, what types of items do you have on hand, and how much do you have per person?
- How many flashlights and radios do you have on hand? How many batteries?
- Have you come up with a game plan for your pets?
- Do you plan to touch base with elderly or sick neighbors before Sunday? How often will you keep in contact?
- Do you plan to fill your bathtub with water to flush the toilets?
- Do you plan to get any extra loads of laundry done between now and Sunday?
- Will you keep a list of emergency phone numbers posted somewhere in your home?
- Have you taken any measurements — such as cutting down loose branches or securing lawn furniture — at your residence to avoid damage during the storm? If not, when do you plan to do this (if at all)?
Please write your answer in the comments. Thanks for reading!