The of the "Dancing with the Yorktown Stars" fundraiser, benefiting Relay for Life, is already underway with the final rehearsals taking this week.
Check out the video above for highlights of this week's rehearsal.
The event will be held at on May 4 at 7 p.m. Tickets of close to 300 sold already.
"It is a wonderful night out for everyone in our community to come together and support such an amazing cause," said Lynne Rothman, committee member of the "Bunco Babes/Class Action" Relay for Life Team.
All of the proceeds from the fundraiser, both leading up to the event and at the event, will be donated to the American Cancer Society. Class Action, a group of Yorktown musicians who are all lawyers, will provide music at the May 4 event.
The starring cast and their dance professional partners are:
- Star-Susan Berry with Dance Pro, Martin of Smiths Dancing School
- Star-Mary Froats with Dance Pro, Jason of Arthur Murray Dance Studios
- Star-Geri Schwalb with Dance Pro, Yuri of Fred Astaire Dance Studios
- Star-Al Avitabile with Dance Pro, Jennifer Larrabee of Peggy Izzo’s, The Dance Workshop
- Star-Rich Campanaro with dance Pro, Donna Clark of On My Toes Dance Academy
- Star-Rich Finn with Dance Pro, Alexis Diaz of Street Beatz Dance Studio
- Star-Michael Grace with Dance Pro, Ariana DiBenedetto of Dance for Joy
- Star-Terrance Murphy with Dance Pro, Danielle Izzo of Peggy Izzo’s, The Dance Workshop
- Star-Dave Paganelli with Dance Pro, Debbie Mellone of Miss Andrea’s School of Dance
"Cancer touches everyone," said Gary Cusano, member of Class Action. "It's something that affects our lives.
Tino Sinapi, general manager of , who has donates his venue to the fundraiser, said he wanted to become involved for a great cause.
"When it comes to the community, anything I could do to give back," he said.
Do you like Patch? "Like" us on Facebook and join the conversation there. Thank you for reading!