Town Board Meeting
May 15, 2012
For summaries of all agenda items, visit ciyinfo.org
1. Citizens Emergency Response Team (CERT) Residents interested in signing up for this “people helping people” program activated during emergencies should contact Police Officer Larry Eidelman at 962-4141, ext 163, or via email at email@example.com.
2. Dog Park: Clarification was sought over whether the town will be able to change the terms of an earlier agreement with the state that called for the town to lease the entire 153 acre Trump Park in order to use two acres for a dog park.
3. DPW. Yorktown Citizen’s for a DPW asked the board to put a referendum on the November ballot that would eliminate the position of highway superintendent and transfer the highway function to a newly created DPW.
4. IBM Helistop. The board will hold a new public hearing on June 5 on a revised text.
5. OB approval authority change. The board withdrew the original proposed zoning amendment and will consider approving a resolution that will mandate the Planning Board to refer certain development applications to the Town Board.
6. Public hearing: Winery rezoning. A standing room crowd spoke for and against allowing the to use town-owned parkland in order to create additional parking spaces.
a. A 5-year PBA contract was approved.
b. The Board asked for the resignation of town comptroller Joan Goldberg.
c. Water Distribution Superintendent David Rambo was made a permanent employee
d. Elfrieda Schmidt was reappointed Tax Receiver
e. Sarah Seaboldt was appointed real property appraiser.
This summary is being provided by Citizens for an Informed Yorktown, a non partisan grassroots organization whose goal it is to inform residents about what's happening in our community and to increase the level of resident participation in town affairs.
For more information about the group, visit www.ciyinfo.org.
To receive the next Town Board meeting summary automatically as an email, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request to have your email address added to mailing list for the Town Board meeting summaries.