From the Yorktown Central School District: Five Yorktown High School students have signed National Letters of Intent to play sports at the collegiate level.
- Trevor Koelsch has committed to playing at Johns Hopkins University
- Danny Manning has committed to playing at St. Joseph’s
- Nick Mariano has committed to playing at the University of Massachusetts
- Jack Phelan has committed to playing at Rutgers University and
- Brian Prestreau has committed to playing at Stony Brook University.
"I am extremely proud of these student athletes’ commitment to both the classroom and the lacrosse field," Yorktown High School men’s lacrosse coach Dave Marr said. "This is a culmination of many years of hard work by them, their parents, and their teammates.”
Athletic Director Fio Nardone said the young men are proving themselves to be worthy contributors to the lacrosse tradition.
"Those offers reflect the fact that Yorktown continues to help produce outstanding student athletes," he said.