The primary election is set for Thursday, Sept. 13. The residents who will be voting in the election are those who are registered with the Republican, Conservative or Green Parties.
The polls are open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Yorktown voters will go to their normal polling locations with the following exceptions:
- Election Districts 1 and 28 have been moved to the Mohegan Lake Fire House (formerly residents voted at St. Mary’s Church)
- Election Districts 11 and 30 have been moved to French Hill School (formerly voting took place at Crompond School)
- Election Districts 15, 26, and 31 have been moved to French Hill School (formerly voting took place at Brookside School)
For a complete list of Yorktown polling locations click here.
If you need further voting assistance, call the town clerk’s office at 914-982-5722, ext. 209.
Somers voters can vote at the following locations based on their district:
- Districts 6 and 16: Somers Town House, 335 Route 202
- Districts 1, 7, 11 and 13: Somers Middle School, 250 Route 202
- Districts 4, 5 and 17: Somers Library, 80 Primrose Street
- Districts 9, 10, 14, 15 and 18: Heritage Hills Activity Center, 8 Heritage Hills Drive
- Districts 2 and 8: Amawalk Fire Station, 2513 Amawalk Road (Route 35)
- Districts 3 and 12: Church of the Good Shepherd, 39 Granite Springs Road
You can call the town clerk's office with any questions at 914-277-3323.
For a guide on the state and local primaries in the lower Hudson Valley, and .
Only a handful of candidates within Westchester, Rockland and Putnam will face same-party opposition Sept. 13. Yorktown and Somers residents will be deciding between Dario Gristina and Stephen Katz for the Republican nominee for .
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.