.

Yorktown Shed Burns Down, Discarded Fireplace Ashes to Blame

This is the third fire at this residence in the last two years. All fires appear to be accidental.

Improperly discarded ashes from the fireplace of a Yorktown home on Quaker Church Road completely destroyed a shed and its contents Monday evening. 

The fire was reported at 5:28 p.m. by numerous callers. The shed was detached and there was no damage to the house, Yorktown Heights Fire Chief Chet Swirski said.

There were no injuries and no mutual aid from other departments was required.

This is the third fire at this residence in the last two years, Swirski told Patch. The two previous fires were at a dog house and a wood pile that extended to the exterior of the house.  

All three fires appear to be accidental.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something