We are all ready to welcome more sunshine and less ice these days. It has been a long winter trying to keep often hyper kids busy with indoor activities. With all that stir crazy kid energy bouncing off the walls, we also need a sanity break here and there as parents.
Parents are often called upon to be amateur event planners when trying to figure out new and exciting things to do with their families. Think of all those kids who eagerly ask over their waffles during a Saturday morning breakfast: "Can we go somewhere today? I want to do something different." Luckily for us, we don't have to travel far to find interesting, inexpensive, and fun destinations for those quality time family day trips.
For this week's Moms Talk, let's start sharing day trip ideas for that soon-to-arrive spring sunshine and share day trip ideas around Yorktown, Cortlandt and Peekskill.
Also, please feel free to share any parent quickie destinations that help you get recharged. Even an hour at the library alone may give a tired mom that boost she needs to keep going in her day. If a spa day isn't in the cards, I'm sure that resourceful moms have a way to make their own "hour away trip" if given the chance.
Here are some discussion questions to get us started:
- Are you a playground hopper? What's your favorite park or playground?
- How do you introduce a little art appreciation to your little and not so little ones?
- Does your family like to hit the hiking trails or bike paths? What are the best trails or paths and what can you expect along the way?
- How can you sneak in a little culture or education when choosing a day trip destination for your family?
- What local theater productions have you attended as a family?
Thanks to our Moms Council: Patrice Athanasidy, Laura Belfiore, Carolyn DePaolo, Laurie Gershgorn and Kelly Galimi.