Yorktown Police Chief Daniel McMahon advises motorists that several roads will be closed on Saturday, Dec. 1 for the town's Christmas Lights parade at 6 p.m.
The parade will begin at the Yorktown Town Hall and will travel east on Underhill Avenue to the intersection with Commerce Street. The parade will continue north on Commerce Street to Veterans Road concluding with tree lighting ceremonies at the Yorktown Community Cultural Center.
To provide for safety of parade participants and spectators the following roads will be closed from approximately 5:45 p.m. until the conclusion of the parade, which is estimated to be approximately one hour.
1. Underhill Avenue from Route 118 to Front Street
2. Commerce Street from Kear Street to Veterans Road
3. Veterans Road; from Commerce Street to Maple Hill Street
4. Kear Street at Underhill Avenue
5. Downing Drive at Commerce Street
6. Hanover Road at Commerce Street
7. Front Street at Underhill Avenue