Are you hosting an event? Had a baby? Getting married? Did you witness an accident that's causing traffic? Did you want to write a letter to the editor? Perhaps you went to a community event and have great photos, or video, that you want to share.
There are a few ways for you post your news to the Yorktown and Somers communities. Feel free to take advantage of one, or both, of these tools.
Post your event
Patch can host all the information your audience needs to know about your upcoming events: the who, what, how, why, where and when—plus photos, flyers and links to relevant information. And if you have a press release about your event, you can post it in full in the description of your event.
- Go to Yorktown-Somers Patch and sign in, or create an account on the upper right corner of the homepage.
- You'll see today's events featured in the middle of the Patch homepage. At the bottom of the events box, it says "Post Your Own Event." Click there to get started.
- Here you can add a title, category, price, ticket website, contact information, photos and hyperlinks (how do you add a link? Highlight the text you want linked, click on the button that looks like a chainlink, and insert your URL.)
- Save and preview your event listing.
- Email the URL to Plamena@Patch.com If you have photos and the event listing is super-complete and visual, we can feature it on the Patch homepage in advance to promote it to the community.
Tip: If you are posting an event that is located outside of Yorktown-Somers, simply use the complete address including postal zip code to ensure the system recognizes the address.
Post your press release or photos
Perhaps you are not hosting an event but still have some news to share. Then Patch announcements is for you.
Announcements are great for birth, death and wedding notices, community thank yous and letters to the editor, awards, photo galleries (from your events!) and newsy press releases.
In some cases, you may think you need both an announcement and an event listing. For example, let's say your organization is having a charity drive or an essay contest. You could create an announcement with the application uploaded or a photo of what you are looking to get donated, then post the event with the deadline.
It's your call!
In either case, if you create an announcement with the instructions below and send me the URL, we can feature your news on the home page.
- Go to Yorktown-Somers and sign in, or create an account on the upper right corner of the homepage.
- Click here to create a new Announcement.
- Make sure to add the photos where it says "Choose file to upload." See above for how to insert a hyperlink.
- Once you click "Post My Announcement" at the bottom, you will come to the page that features your announcement. Send the URL to Plamena@patch.com and I will feature it on the homepage.
Join Local Voices with a Patch Blog
Do you have a hobby, professional interest or expertise in a field? Are you a parent who wants to share ideas? You can join Patch's Local Voices platform and blog as often or as little as you like.
Simply click the "start a blog" button on our homepage, click "post on Patch," and fill out the required fields. When done, hit "save and preview" and then submit it to us. At the chance you receive an error message, ("oops!" is one we see from time to time), just email the editor at email@example.com to see if we can see the blog on our end. More likely than not, we'll see it in our queue and will be able to click "approve."
Bookmark this page as a reference.
Thanks again for your interest in Patch and please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.