A new "green" building opens June 4 as Curry Automotive unveils its Curry Hyundai and Subaru building on Route 6, on the border of Yorktown and Cortlandt Manor.
The 30,000 sq. ft. LEED®-registered car dealership is the area’s first green dealership.
“When we first started planning, our primary goal was to install solar panels, but once we realized what a significant and positive impact we could make on the environment, we dedicated our resources and effort toward constructing a LEED®-registered showroom,” explains Bob Carinci, Curry Chief Operations Officer.
Among the significant features of the new building are:
- Light-colored high-reflectivity roofing to reduce urban heat island effect
- Bio-based spray foam roof insulation for greater insulating value and minimizing air infiltration
- Insulation and high-performance glass to reduce stress on HVAC systems and allow for smaller systems
- Energy-efficient interior lighting systems to cut electricity costs
- Use of recycled and locally harvested construction materials
- Native, local, and water-efficient landscaping to protect the local ecosystem from invasive plant species and conserve drinking water normally used for irrigation
- Outdoor lighting to minimize light pollution beyond the property line onto adjacent residential areas
- Construction waste management plan to harvest construction waste for reuse or recycling
"We are very pleased that the Curry dealership will stay in Cortlandt on our Cortlandt Boulevard,” says Linda D. Puglisi, Town Supervisor, Town of Cortlandt. “It provides an excellent product for consumers, quality service, and jobs, and is a source of revenue for our community. We look forward to the grand opening and wish everyone at Curry continued success."
Project partners included Architectural Visions PLLC, Mahopac, GTL Construction LLC, White Plains, and OLA Consulting Engineers, PC, Hawthorne.
Curry Subaru-Hyundai is located at 3040 Cortlandt Boulevard in Cortlandt Manor, New York, 10567. For additional information, please visit www.currysubaru.com, www.curryhyundai.com or call 914-930-3800.
The company also announced plans to begin construction of a new LEED®-registered Toyota showroom later this year. Additionally, Curry plans to support environmental education initiatives as part of the Westchester County Children’s Museum’s Museum Without Walls education program.