Northern Westchester will get hit with a major snowstorm Friday night, according to the National Weather Service—strong winds combined with heavy snowfall could bring blizzard-like conditions. (Click here for updates from the NWS as it comes in.)
Cancellations and postponements are pouring in as the predictions for Friday's snowstorm show an increased amount of precipitation and snow accumulation in Yorktown and Somers.
- The Yorktown Central School District will be closed on Friday, Feb. 8 due to snowstorm Nemo.
- The Lakeland Central School District is closed. All afternoon and evening activities are cancelled.
- Somers School District is closed.
- Putnam/Northern Westchesteer BOCES is closed.
- Somers town offices will be closed on Friday, Feb. 8
*EagleFest has been moved to Sunday, Feb. 10 due to the storm.
*The Westchester County FEMA Discovery Recovery workshop was originally scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 9, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Mount Pleasant Town Court, 1 Town Hall Plaza, Valhalla. FEMA will issue a new advisory when the event is rescheduled.
* The Yorktown High School band's Valentine's Swing Dance has been rescheduled to Saturday, Feb. 16. The dance lesson is from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. and the dance is from 8 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. It will be held at the high school gym.
Share cancellations, postponements and closings in the comments below.